Opening a bottle of wine at the end of the day is one of life’s simple pleasures, but it’s not always so simple for everyone. When life gives you lemons you just make lemonade right? So when you are dealing with arthritis you just look for a wine opener that is great for people with arthritis. We all know this can make even the simplest of task seem painfully difficult and that’s why you need a good wine bottle opener.
Or maybe you need one that is great for elderly people, for your mother or father to easily open a bottle of wine? Because I understand what you need (my father is in his 80’s and I’ve got him a few of these bottle openers) I have compiled a list of four of the best wine bottle openers for people with arthritis or the elderly. I am certain that at least one of these will be to your liking.
TOP 4 WINE BOTTLE OPENERS FOR ARTHRITIS SUFFERERS & THE ELDERLY
Whether you are getting older or have developed a bit of arthritis in your hands, opening bottles of wine has likely gotten a bit more difficult. This is not something that has to be a challenge for you. In fact, there are a few different specialty wine bottle openers on the market that are designed for people who experience difficulty with this. Let me show you my favorite models.
1. Cork Pops Legacy Wine Bottle Opener
A very easy to use wine bottle opener that can be used by anyone to open a bottle. It comes with a cartridge which can be used for opening 60 bottles of wine after which you will need a new cartridge. It doesn’t affect the flavor of the wine in any way. With this you can easily open a bottle in as low as 4-5 seconds!
Considering the number of uses that you get out of this unit, the price is very reasonable. Though, I do dislike the fact that you have to buy replacement cartridges. However, I think that it is very easy to use, so I’d still suggest checking this one out.
- - Cork Pops Legacy Wine Bottle Opener is the fastest, easiest way to open a bottle of wine; Just insert needle into wine cork and push button - button will pop up with classic, satisfying sound
- - Comes with easily replaceable cartridge that will open approximately 60 bottles of wine; features four foil cutters on base stand for easy removal
- - Cartridge contains low-pressure inert propellant that does not affect the flavor or bouquet of any wine and has no effect on the atmosphere or ozone layer
- - Needle guard protects user; Measures approximately 2.25 x 6.75 inches with soft to the touch matte black finish
- - Individually fitted in protective packaging
Some people said they did have some problems with longer corks so it might be a good idea to have a backup just in case something like this happens – and by backup I mean another opener from the ones listed below.
2. Brookstone Compact Wine Opener
Though I really like the look of this one, it is actually one of the higher priced options on this list.
Overall, this is a very durable wine bottle opener that can be used with only one hand. Many people with arthritis are praising this product saying it’s very easy to use compared to a regular “T” type corkscrew.
- Brookstone Compact Wine Opener
- Open any wine bottle in just 3 seconds
- Lever-pull design makes opening effortless
- Extra-long handle provides greater leverage
- Works with natural and synthetic corks
This one also takes up a little more space in the kitchen drawer than the premium opened listed up below.
3. Final Touch Easy Turn Corkscrew with Spring Assist
If you want an easy to use wine opener that looks really cool sitting on your kitchen counter or home bar, then check out this cool looking option.
Great product with an interesting design – specifically designed for people who have limited strength with their hands. And a great low price!
- The Spring Assist mechanism removes the cork without tugging. Tested to open 1,000 bottles.
- The first turn is as easy & smooth as the last.
- Brilliant polished handles.
- Centres automatically on the bottle.
- Includes: Smooth Move Corkscrew | Dimensions: 2 x 2.4 x 6.7 in (5 x 6 x 17 cm) | Washing: Hand wash
It even comes with a foil cutter and a helpful food pairing guide for those who want to improve their wine serving.
4. Premium Wine Opener
If you want a simple, sleek easy-to-use wine opener with a minimalist design, then look no further than this classy model. This will get the cork out fast with no cork particles left on the mouth of the bottle.
It is very sturdy, is all metal made and has a lifetime warranty. Definitely worth the purchase price! I got 2 to give as gifts!
The small size of this one also makes it a great choice for a travel size wine bottle opener.
These are some of the best wine openers for arthritis or elderly people. Pick your favorite or try 2-3 of them and see how they do for you – the bottom line is that at least one of them will work for your particular needs.