Does your Yeti mug have coffee stains that won’t budge, and you wonder how to remove them?
Perhaps you are wondering if there is a safe way of cleaning coffee stains without damaging your cup?
Keep reading and find out how.
Don’t sweat it. Getting rid of stains from Yeti is not as difficult as you thought.
We’ve compiled this article to shed some light on removing coffee stains on your favorite cup.
Getting Rid Of Coffee Stains From Your Yeti Mug, Tumbler, Or Bottle
When you use your Yeti mug for drinking coffee regularly, two things happen: the coffee will leave a residue of stains, or a foul odor will build up inside your cup.
So, cleaning your cup is vitally important.
But you can’t just use anything to do it.
Cleaning your Yeti mug with bleach is a big no-no.
If you were considering using it, forget about it.
The problem with eliminating stains off your Yeti with bleach is that it doesn’t clean the Yeti cup properly.
Although Yeti cups are dishwasher safe, there are certain precautions that you need to follow when you use a dishwasher.
Can You Bleach Yeti Cup to Remove Coffee Stains?
The answer to this question is a resounding no.
There is a good reason for this.
First, because bleach contains chlorine which might leave a residue on your mug.
Secondly, because using bleach damage your cup.
However, the only thing you should use is YETI Cleaning tablets, which you mustn’t use on caps or lids.
To clean your Yeti thoroughly, you must remove gaskets and wash each separately.
It would be best if you did the following:
- Never use the dishwasher.
- Use only a soft sponge.
- Add a couple of tablets to your Yeti cup, tumbler, or bottle.
- Fill up with water and let the tablets take care of the rest.
- And rinse your cup thoroughly.
How to Use Yeti Cleaning Tablets to Clean Coffee Stains
You can only use YETI-approved cleaning tablets to clean coffee stains.
Follow the below directions in deep cleaning your Yeti mug:
- Put one Yeti cleaning tablet, and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Pour a Yeti-approved deep cleaning solution.
- Rinse thoroughly with hot water.
- To be on the safe side, run your Yeti through a dishwasher. Then rinse it again.
- Remember, you can only use a maximum of two tablets.
Best Methods to Remove Coffee Stains from Yeti Mug
Removing stains on your Yeti cup is pretty simple.
We suggest three effective methods that you should use to remove coffee stains on your Yeti Mug.
1. Use white vinegar
The good thing about using vinegar is that it is readily available.
Most retail shops would have white vinegar on their shelf; you can also order it online.
To clean your Yeti cup properly with white vinegar you need a microfiber cloth.
- Use clean white vinegar.
- Then add one tablespoon of salt.
- Pour the mixture into your Yeti mug.
- Use your microfiber to remove stains.
- Leave the vinegar for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, rinse your Yeti cup with clean water.
2 Use baking soda to clean your mug
Another best method that you should consider using to remove coffee stains is baking soda.
You can get baking soda from your nearest retail shop and use it.
The good news is that it is cheap and easy to find.
With this method, you won’t only remove coffee stains but also marks and the foul odor on your cup.
Use the following tips:
- Use a soft sponge to clean your Yeti cup.
- Pour baking soda into your cup.
- Deep clean your mug with a sponge.
- Shake the container a few times, then pour the soda out.
- Don’t forget to rinse with tap water.
- Let it dry for a few minutes before reusing it.
3. Use salt
Did you know that salt has cleaning properties that you can use to remove stains on your Yeti cup? Yup, you can do it.
- Cleaning your cup will take only one tablespoon of salt.
- You will also need a dash of baking soda.
- Use a cloth to clean it.
- Then rinse with water.
As you can see, there is more than one way to clean a coffee-stained Yeti mug or tumbler.
Personally, I find the baking soda method to be the most effective at getting rid of the coffee stains in my Yeti.
My other tip to make sure you clean your Yeti after each use to prevent the coffee stain build up from happening.